Are you tired of cleaning hardwood floors every week? Do you want to avoid the hassle and mess of steam cleaning? If so, you may want to consider using a home steam cleaner to clean your floors. This article will explain how to use steam to clean your hardwood flooring and why you should use steam to clean your precious flooring.
The Process of Steam Cleaning Hardwood Floors
The process of steam cleaning hardwood floors is simple, but it can be time-consuming. Below are the steps needed for steam cleaning hardwood floor
- Know the Types of Hardwood Floors
- Vacuum the Floor Thoroughly
- Pre-treat Spots and Stains
- Add Steam Cleaning Solution
- Scrub the Floor with a Mop
- Dry the Floor
Pros and Cons of Steam Cleaning Hardwood Flooring
Many homeowners choose to clean their hardwood floors with steam because of the many benefits it has over other floor cleaning methods. Here are the pros and cons of steam cleaning hardwood floors:
Pros of Steam Cleaning Hardwood Floors
- It is a very effective method for removing dirt, dust, and debris from hardwood floors.
- Steam cleaning is gentle on the wood surface and does not damage or fade the finish.
- It is a cost-effective way to keep your hardwood floors looking their best.
- There is no need for special equipment or professional help to clean with steam, which makes it a convenient choice for homeowners.
Cons of Steam Cleaning Hardwood Floors:
- It can be time-consuming and tedious.
- It can damage the flooring.
- It can be expensive.
Other Ways to Clean Your Hardwood Floors
There are many other ways to clean your hardwood floors other than using steam. Most easy way is to use a mop and bucket. Sweep the floor with the mop, then use the bucket to suds up the mop and scrub the floor. Be sure to rinse off the mop and bucket before you start again.
Another way is to use a vacuum cleaner with a dusting attachment. Run the vacuum over the entire room, then use the dusting attachment to brush off any dirt or debris. Finally, you can pour a pot of hot water on the floor and use a cloth or sponge to clean it up.
How Often to Steam Clean Hardwood Floors
That is a question many homeowners are asking themselves. The answer is that it depends on the type of hardwood, the condition of your floor, and how often you use it.
If your hardwood floor is made from oak, maple, birch or other types of hardwoods that are naturally resistant to dirt and dust, then you may only need to clean it once every two months or so.
However, if your hardwood floor is made from a cheaper wood like pine or laminate, then you will likely need to clean it more frequently since the wood is not as resistant to dirt and dust.