There is a lot of confusion when it comes to choosing the right type of carpet for your home. One of the most common questions people ask is whether low pile or high pile is better. The truth is, there isn’t a correct answer. It all depends on your individual needs and preferences.
What Is Low Pile Carpet?
Low pile carpet is a type of flooring that typically consists of a small number of tightly-woven, low-pile fibers. This type of carpet is often used in areas where high traffic is not expected, such as hallways and stairwells. Low pile carpets are also popular for use in areas where the floor needs to be easy to clean, such as kitchens and bathrooms.
Benefits of Low Pile Carpet
Low pile carpet is a popular choice for many homeowners because of the many benefits it has to offer. Here are just a few:
- Low pile carpet is anti-static, meaning it reduces the amount of static electricity that can build up in the home. This can help to reduce the risk of electrical shocks.
- Low pile carpet is also dust mite resistant, meaning it will not attract or hold as many dust mites as other types of carpets. This can help to lower your exposure to allergens and asthma triggers.
- Low pile carpet is also stain resistant, meaning spills and accidents on low pile carpets will generally not cause them to become stained or damaged.
What Is High Pile Carpet?
High pile carpet is a type of flooring that is made from large pieces of fabric that have been sewn together in a pattern. This type of carpet is often used in areas where high traffic is expected, such as commercial buildings or homes with children. The large pieces of fabric make the carpet strong and resistant to wear and tear.
Benefits of High Pile Carpet
Do you have high pile carpet in your home? If so, you may be wondering what the benefits are of having this type of carpet. Here is a look at some of the key reasons why high pile carpet is a great choice for many homeowners.
- High pile carpets are often more durable than other types of carpets. This is because they are made from thicker fibers that are tightly woven together. As a result, high pile carpets can withstand more wear and tear than other types of carpets. This means that they will last longer and look better over time.
- High pile carpets often have a nicer look than other types of carpets. This is because they tend to have a denser appearance due to their higher pile density. This makes them appear more luxurious and floor-like than other types of carpets.
- High pile carpets typically have more patterns and colors available than other types of carpets. This is because they are made with thinner yarns. As a result, they can be woven into more complex designs than other types of carpets.
Which Type Should You Choose?
When it comes to flooring, there are a few key things to keep in mind. One of the most important considerations is the type of carpet you’ll be using – low pile or high pile.
Low pile carpet is made from smaller pieces that are glued together and has a softer feel than high pile carpet. It’s great for families who want a soft, rubberized surface that will be easy on their feet and won’t scratch furniture.
High pile carpet is made from larger pieces that are sewn together and has a firmer feel than low pile carpet. It’s ideal for rooms where heavy furniture will be placed or people who frequently walk on the rug.
The other key factor to consider when choosing flooring is the room itself.